Destination NSW is the lead government agency for the New South Wales (NSW) tourism and major events sectors. Our role is to market Sydney and NSW as one of the world’s premier tourism and major events destinations; to secure major sporting and cultural events; to work in partnership with Business Events Sydney to win major international conventions and incentive travel reward programs; to develop and deliver initiatives that will drive visitor growth throughout the State; and to achieve the NSW Government’s goal of doubling expenditure within the State’s visitor economy by 2020.
Destination NSW is based in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia and has offices in the USA, South Korea, New Zealand, India, Germany, United Kingdom, Singapore and Japan.
1. Privacy Legislative Framework
Destination NSW will collect, store, use and disclose Personal Information in accordance with the PPIPA, the Privacy Act and any other relevant laws and codes of practice in operation from time to time including the Regulation.
Australian and New South Wales Legislation
When you interact with Destination NSW and use Destination NSW’s websites, mobile websites or mobile applications, your privacy is protected by the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998 (NSW) (including the Information Privacy Principles (IPPs)) (PPIPA) and Privacy Act 1988 (including the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs)) (Privacy Act).
General Data Protection (GDPR) Regulation
The European Union General Data Protection Regulation (the ‘Regulation’) contains new data protection requirements that will apply from 25 May 2018. These will harmonise data protection laws across the European Union and replace existing national data protection rules. The introduction of clear, uniform data protection laws is intended to build legal certainty for businesses and enhance consumer trust in online services.
The Regulation applies to the data processing activities of Destination NSW in the European Union as:
- We have operations in the European Union namely United Kingdom, Germany and France.
- Offer goods and services or monitor the behaviour of individuals in the European Union – via our websites and representative offices. Destination NSW promotes New South Wales as a tourism destination and also holds roadshows and famils in the European Union.
What is Destination NSW doing to prepare for the Regulation?
a) We have provided more detail around what we do with your data, and how you can have access to your privacy rights.
b) We have provided more information about the purposes for which we use your personal information.
2. What is Personal Information or Personal Data?
Personal Information is defined by Australian and New South Wales Legislation and Privacy Principles as namely information or any opinion, whether true or not, and whether recorded in a material form or not, about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable.
Personal Information is also defined by the Regulation in which we provide particulars namely:
- any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (Article 4 of the Regulation - a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person, cookie ID, ID card number, location data, advertising identifier on phones, IP address, an email address or a telephone number
- any information relating to an individual, whether it relates to his or her private, professional or public life. It can be anything from a home address, a photo, an email address, bank details, posts on social networking websites, or medical information.
Examples of data not considered personal data:
- a company registration number
- an email address such as email@example.com
- anonymised data
3. Why Destination NSW collects Personal Information
Destination NSW will only collect Personal Information for a lawful purpose which is reasonably necessary for, or directly related to our function or activities as a NSW Government agency and for obtaining feedback about the effectiveness of our services.
Destination NSW will not collect any more information than is necessary for it to fulfill these functions, unless required by law.
Destination NSW, in carrying out its functions and activities, collects Personal Information directly from you through its website, for various purposes that relate to the development and promotion of tourism and events in New South Wales. 新南威尔士州旅游局的职能已列在《新南威尔士州旅游局法案》 (2011) 中：http://www.legislation.nsw.gov.au/acts/2011-21.pdf.
The provision of your Personal Information on Destination NSW’s website is voluntary and you can opt out at any time.
但如果您选择不提供个人信息，那么我们可能无法将您请求的资料转发给您，或者无法为您提供可通过本网站享受的各种服务。You can choose to remain anonymous or use a pseudonym.
Destination NSW conducts a large part of its operations over the Internet and via email.
As part of its functions, Destination NSW conducts market research surveys, offers access to publications, processes thousands of requests for tour brochures or information, provides avenues for the booking of holidays or facilities, provides opportunities for tourism operators to market and promote their services, distributes industry based publications, conducts many exciting competitions and collects information on the types of holidays or events that you, the consumer, would like to see more of in the future so that we can help the NSW tourism industry grow.
4. Collection of your Personal Information
Destination NSW’s collection of Personal Information is performed in an open manner and where consent is obtained.
Destination NSW will ensure that any Personal Information collected is relevant to Destination NSW’s purpose, is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
When is your Personal Information is being collected
Your Personal Information is being collected when:
- you submit an application form with Destination NSW containing Personal Information,
- provide Personal Information via email,
- complete a new supplier form,
- undertake a market research survey, and
- enter into a contract with Destination NSW.
This list is not exhaustive.
这些电子邮件地址将按照《州记录法案》1998（新南威尔士州）所述的标准和规定以电子方式进行存储。An email address is only used for the purpose for which it is provided and is not added to any unauthorised mailing list or disclosed to other organisations unless you request that this to be done.
“Pixels” means the use of use of pixels (1 x 1 pixel images that allow services to tell companies how many people have visited their site). 当您在我们的网站上执行特定操作时，系统会向服务器发送请求，下载您正在互动的内容所附加的跟踪像素。这个过程对您不可见，但收集的数据有助于我们和我们的赞助商为您打造更好的数字广告和内容体验。收集的所有信息都已去识别化，我们绝不会收集或披露任何个人信息。
该网站含有许多其他组织网页的链接。Destination NSW is not responsible for the information handling practices or privacy policies of those other organisations. 当然，如果您对电子传输信息感到不满意，新南威尔士州旅游局也可为您提供其他处理方式或交易方式。
所列的网站可能会使用 Cookie 来改善用户的网站体验。Cookie 是一种从主机网站发回到您的计算机硬盘驱动器的小文本文件。Cookie 会记录关于您使用网站的偏好，还可提供有助于我们在未来识别您的其他信息。所列网站上的 Cookie 不会读取您硬盘驱动器上的信息，也不会让您的计算机执行任何未经授权的操作或让您的计算机通过互联网向任何其他计算机发送信息。
您可以设置浏览器，以便在收到 Cookie 时通知您，让您有机会决定是否接受。但如果您决定不接受 Cookie，一些新南威尔士州旅游局的网页可能无法正常显示，或者您可能无法访问某些信息。当您访问网站上的任何网页时，我们会对于访问的每个网页自动记录可识别身份的信息：
a) the IP (Internet Protocol) address of the machine which has accessed it
b) your top-level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .au, .uk etc.)
c) the address of your server
d) the date and time of your visit to the site
e) the pages accessed and documents downloaded
f) the previous site visited
g) the type of browser and operating system you have used.
未经同意或不符合 PPIPA 要求的情况下，新南威尔士州旅游局不会披露或公布可识别个人计算机或有可能识别地址分组的信息。
“Data matching” means the bringing together of at least two data sets that contain Personal Information, and that come from different sources, and the comparison of those data sets with the intention of producing a match. Destination NSW may from time to time utilise Google’s Customer Match technology (a data matching tool) to provide a service to you whereby offers are geared to your personal preferences. Accordingly, Destination NSW may share your Personal Information with Google’s Customer Match platform in order to undertake data matching. In the course of data matching, your Personal Information remains protected through the use of a one-way hashing mechanism that cannot be encrypted. Personal Information that Destination NSW shares with Google, including email addresses, will be hashed against Google’s database of hashed users, without Google ever seeing the unhashed data. By continuing to use this site, you consent to Destination NSW sharing your Personal Information with Google for data matching purposes. If you would not like Destination NSW to use your Personal information for data matching, you can request such by contacting DNSW on +61 02 9931 1111. For more information on Google’s Customer Match platform visit: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6334160
How will your Personal Information be stored?
This data is stored internally, at Destination NSW offices and held securely and accessible by Destination NSW staff only. Information is stored using Microsoft Systems and software.
Attendee data is accessible by affiliated suppliers, in connection with the activity they are undertaking.
Destination NSW takes all reasonable steps to:
- protect the security and integrity of any Personal Information held, be it stored in electronic or hard copy format.
- Ensure that the quality of Personal Information is as reasonable in the circumstances and that the Personal Information that Destination NSW collects is accurate, up-to-date and complete.
- As are reasonable in the circumstances, ensure that the Personal Information that Destination NSW uses or discloses is, having regard to the purpose of the use or disclosure, accurate, up-to-date, complete and relevant.
- Ensure that you have access to and ability to correct Personal Information.
How long will your Personal Information be stored?
Destination NSW will store your information as per the mandatory data retention laws in Australia, or as otherwise required by law. If your personal information is sensitive, the retention time will be as appropriate. Should you provide consent for a longer retention period, we will hold your data in line with your consent.
Once it is no longer necessary to retain the information, we will dispose of it in a secure manner.
How it will be stored 5. Processing and Use of Personal Information within Destination NSW
The Regulation will directly affect the processing of personal data of European Union citizens resident in the European Union, including those in the United Kingdom.
The processing of any personal data belonging to European Union citizens or others resident in the European Union will be subject to the Regulation no matter where the data is stored or processed.
新南威尔士州旅游局仅出于收集信息的主要目的或在您同意将个人信息用于他处的情况下，使用、传播或处理个人信息。This includes processing for:
- the performance of a contract.
- compliance with a legal obligation.
- protect the vital interests of the data subject or of another natural person.
- the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in Destination NSW.
- the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Destination NSW or by a third party unless such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject, which require protection of personal data, in particular if the data subject is a child.
Examples of data processing:
- storing IP addresses or MAC addresses
- posting/putting a photo of a person on a website
- sending promotional emails
- access to/consultation of a contacts database containing personal data
Destination NSW will need to comply with certain principles as follows:
Process the data in a manner that is lawful, fair and transparent.
Use the data for legitimate purposes.
Limit the use only to what is necessary.
Process the data in a way that maintains its accuracy.
Store the data for no longer than necessary.
Process the data in a secure fashion.
6. Disclosure of Personal Information to third parties
The circumstances in which Destination NSW will collect, use and disclose more extensive information than stated above in the following circumstances:
a) unauthorised attempts to access files which are not publically available
b) unauthorised tampering or interference with files on the listed websites
c) unauthorised attempts to index the contents of the listed websites
d) attempts to intercept messages of other users of the listed websites
e) communications which are defamatory, abusive, vilify individuals or groups or which give rise to a suspicion that an offence is being committed
f) attempts to otherwise compromise the security of the web server, breach the laws of the State of New South Wales or Commonwealth of Australia, or interfere with the use of the listed websites by other users.
Destination NSW does not have any responsibility for privacy policies or practices of third party sites linked to from the listed websites.
8. Access, accuracy and amendments – Your Rights
新南威尔士州旅游局会采取一切合理的措施，确保所收集的个人信息内容准确、完整、保持最新。因此，根据 PPIPA 要求，您可以访问我们保留的任何关于您的个人信息，适当立法规定的情况除外。If you would like to access or update your Personal Information, or if you would like to know more about the Personal Information that we may hold on you please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Privacy Officer
电话：+61 02 9931 1111
地址：邮箱地址 7050，Sydney NSW 2001
The Privacy Commissioner: http://www.ipc.nsw.gov.au/
Under the Regulation, you have certain rights including:
- Right of Access
- Right of Erasure
- Right to Rectification
- Right to Object
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact the following:
The Privacy Officer
电话：+61 02 9931 1111
地址：邮箱地址 7050，Sydney NSW 2001
9. Conclusion and Other
Destination NSW provides this privacy management plan in compliance with the PPIPA (Privacy Management Plan). This Privacy Management Plan sets out how Destination NSW complies with the PPIPA.